SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER · MACHINE LEARNING & GRAPHICS 650-799-3654 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.sahilramani.com
With over 12 years of software development experience, including 4 years specializing in machine learning, I am an accomplished software developer with a proven track record of leading teams focused on R&D projects. My expertise lies in building software at the intersection of machine learning and creativity. I am passionate about developing innovative solutions that push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology, and I’m always eager to take on new challenges.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Python
- Machine Learning: PyTorch, TensorFlow, NumPy
- Graphics: HLSL, GLSL, DirectX, OpenGL, Ray Tracing
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER / SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
Seattle, WA, USA
Aug. 2019 ‑ Present
- Augmented the graphical capabilities at Unity using state‑of‑the‑art ML enhanced rendering techniques.
- Accelerated machine learning training and inference by creating custom GPU kernels/ops and improving training environments.
- Collaborated with several teams at Unity to improve artist and tech art workflows when working with large game worlds with machine learning.
- Worked with program management across rendering and lighting teams at Unity to define roadmaps and visions for ML accelerated lighting & rendering at Unity.
- Led a team of skilled engineers to conduct cutting‑edge research in utilizing machine learning to enhance lighting and rendering for games.
- Fixed long‑running issues in Terrain rendering at Unity, unblocking several game studios.
- Patent Pending : System and Method for Interactive Asynchronous Tile‑Based Terrain Generation
ENGINE LEAD, FUTURE PROJECTS / SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Redwood City, CA, USA
Nov 2014 ‑ Aug 2019
- Led the R&D team developing engine and tool technologies for the future of games at Crystal Dynamics.
- Engineered a novel end‑to‑end graph‑based artist‑animated blendshape control from Maya to the game.
- Developed a solution to support collaborative editing of game worlds in real‑time.
- Patent #11189068 : Macro‑based electronic map editing.
Dreamworks Dedicated Unit
SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, ANIMATION & RIGGING TOOLS
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mar 2013 ‑ Oct 2014
- With the R&D team, developed the award‑winning animation and rigging tools for DreamWorks Animation.
- Improved design of cache handling and paging to improve editor performance.
- Prototyped high‑performance hierarchical memory models for the next generation rigging tools.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST, XBOX GRAPHICS
Redmond, WA, USA
July 2011 ‑ Oct 2012
Nokia Research Center
RESEARCH INTERN, MOBILE EXPERIENCES
Santa Monica, CA, USA
May 2012 ‑ July 2012
Yahoo! Software Development India
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER / SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
July 2006 ‑ July 2009
Nanodegree, AI For Trading Online
UDACiITY Jun 2021 ‑ May 2022
Nanodegree, Deep Learning Online
UDACITY Jun 2020 ‑ Oct 2020
Masters of Science in Computer Science, Game Development Los Angeles, CA, USA
UNiVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNiA Aug 2009 ‑ May 2011
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
BMS COLLEGE OF ENGiNEERING Aug 2002 ‑ June 2006